Friday, August 5, 2011

late afternoon patio lunch at The Parlour

The other day between working a week full of split shifts I took a quick moment to myself to have some lunch on the newly re-vamped Parlour patio.

Asian influence has turned into the main focus on a majority of dishes at the Parlour (though you can still get large saucy chicken wings on Thursday nights!) which feels a little out of place amidst the English Pub surroundings. The menu for me seems contradictory to the space but that doesn't make it any less delicious - Chef Max Holbrook has a solid background in Asian influenced cuisine (remember Menrui?)

I tried the 'Shaking Beef' for lunch which is accompanied by fresh lime juice.  Beef and lime wouldn't be my first thought for combination but I am pleasantly surprised, it brightens the dish making a hearty/beefy lunch a great summer option.

Service was fantastic: attentive and friendly.  With a good selection of beer on tap and wines by the glass this would be a great spot for a variety of tastes to be satisfied.  I do have to mention that my pint was a little flat, which I have experienced here before - but overall it was a great midday repreive from the work week for this tired server.

1 comment:

  1. Max is awesome. His ability to create an explosion of flavour combinations without overpowering is impressive. I miss Globe.

    ReplyDelete